contact me at email@example.com to set up a consultation
Sounds simple enough, right? I mean, the tools to getting healthy and living a vibrant life are really not all that difficult. The problem is we are FLOODED with information which then causes confusion, frustration and eventually we throw in the towel on our quest to health. Low fat? Low Carb? High Protein? Moderate protein? Veganism? Vegetarianism? Meat will kill me? Meat is good? Running is good? Running is bad? Stress is bad but how do I manage it? Sleep is good but how do I get more? The list goes on.
Due to this flood of information it can be helpful to have an expert in health go alongside you on your journey to getting and staying healthy.
Enter a Health Coach.
What is a health coach? More specifically, what is a Primal Health Coach? I wrote about this briefly last month but I want to revisit the topic.
The excerpt below is from the Primal Health Coach coaching manual:
The Primal Health Coaching system is based on Integrative Health Coaching (IHC), one of the most well-studied, scientifically validated methods of health coaching. According to Duke University’s Integrative Medicine department, “Integrative Health Coaching empowers clients to make lasting behavior changes that are the cornerstones of lifelong well-being. It bridges the gap between medical recommendations and patients’ abilities to successfully implement those recommendations into their complex lives.”
The Primal Health Coaching system will teach you how to help clients make better health choices, make effective diet and lifestyle changes, and achieve their self-defined wellness goals according to Primal Blueprint principles. The aim of the Primal Health Coach is to help clients extract the most joy, satisfaction, and fulfillment from their lives.
There you go, the written definition of a Primal Health Coach.
Whether you are a middle-aged mom with extra weight from having children and dealing with the stresses of life or a fit 30 year old guy who’s life is out of balance in regards to stress, sleep and balance, people in all stages and from all walks of life can benefit from having a health coach.
A certified Primal Health Coach is an expert in the primal and ancestral lifestyle and has also been trained how to work with clients to achieve a healthy and vibrant life. Believe me, the people I have coached one-on-one thus far are VERY intelligent people. They don’t necessarily lack the knowledge or ability to KNOW the information about being healthy, but KNOWING and DOING are two VERY different beasts. We, as humans, all KNOW things we SHOULD be doing but we don’t always do it. A health coach can help fill in that gap and provide some ACCOUNTABILITY. It is also a financial investment and when money is involved sometimes that can spur compliance and adherence to a program. The goal of the Primal Health Coaching program is to, as mentioned above in the definition, empower clients to make LASTING behavior changes that will give them life long health and wellness. This is not a short-term, fad diet and workout. This is the gateway to eventual EFFORTLESS fat loss and vibrant health for life without burden. Consider hiring a health coach to get you started on the journey to lifelong health.
What to look for in a health coach:
- Does their method of collaboration work for me? For example, is it all electronic correspondence vs will he/she meet with me in person or do I have on option of either?
- How accessible are they? Do I only get to discuss matters with him/her during our scheduled meetings or can I correspond via text/email for questions, comments or support along the way?
- Do our personalities match up? Are they supportive? Do I feel comfortable sitting down with him/her and sharing information about myself?
- Are they a “certified” health coach?
- Most important, in my opinion, is your health coach walking the walk? Does your health coach LOOK healthy. Are they “practicing what they preach”? We are all humans and imperfect but it is important to hire someone who is living a healthy style and living the principles they believe in. I wouldn’t hire a skydiving instructor who only went through some class and maybe has jumped the minimal number of required times and is pretty good with his knowledge of skydiving. I would want a skydiving instructor who loves to skydive, does it frequently and has made thousands of jumps and is an expert in skydiving. The same applies with hiring a health coach.
If hiring a health coach sounds like something you are interested in then please reach out to me. I will send you an initial questionnaire to see if you are a good fit and provide you with my pricing. My pricing is very affordable and competitive as I do this on the side from my full time job and I want to help people get on the road to health and living an awesome life.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me on Facebook and I will contact you shortly thereafter